The Ketchikan Fire Department is dedicated to our community through safety, service, and excellence.
"Proudly serving Alaska's First City..."
- Integrity - Doing the right thing for the right reason, even when no one is watching.
- Professionalism - In our training, service, and how we conduct ourselves at all times.
- Respect - Treat others how you want to be treated, with respect and dignity, on and off the job
- Compassion - Caring for the people you are serving and your coworkers through compassion and tolerance.
- Teamwork - Working together with each other and with outside organizations.
- Innovation - Open to new and creative ideas and a willingness to think out of the box.
- Ketchikan Fire Department will deliver high quality, efficient and effective fire, rescue, EMS, prevention, and public education services in the community.
- Ketchikan Fire Department will work closely and cooperatively with other city departments, other agencies, local industry, and the public.
- All members of Ketchikan Fire Department will understand and respect the value of the communities trust and will act as good stewards of their financial contributions.
- Ketchikan Fire Department will be a strong and visible presence in the community, participating regularly in community events.
- As ambassadors of Ketchikan Fire Department volunteers and paid staff will demonstrate the utmost professionalism at all times, on- and off-duty.
- There will be a high level of personal and corporate discipline within Ketchikan Fire Department where diverse views and perspectives will be valued.
- Ketchikan Fire Department will be a safe, rewarding, and fun place to work.