Latest News

Application for Low-Speed Vehicle Permits

April 06, 2017

Applications for Low-Speed Vehicles are now being accepted in the office of the City Manager until 5:00 p.m. on April 28, 2017. Click here for Low-Speed Vehicle Application and Map 2017
... details

View all

Upcoming Events


Register to Operate

Downtown Deer Mountain.jpg

To conduct business within the City of Ketchikan, a business owner must:

  • Have or obtain a State of Alaska Business license
  • Register with the Ketchikan Gateway Borough for collection of sales taxes;
  • Obtain any permits that may be required by the City's building official;
  • Obtain any other permits or licenses that may be required as pertaining to the type of business being operated.

Click on the links below to obtain specific information for the above. For more information, contact the City Clerk's Office at (907) 228-5658.

Ketchikan Gateway Borough Code relating to sales taxes
Building Permits
State of Alaska Division of Licensing