Finance - Robert Newell Jr.
Robert "Bob" Newell began his employment with the City in January 1991 as Senior Staff Account in the Finance Department. In May of that same year he became the Finance Director. From 1982-1990 the accounting firm of Hogan, Mecham, Richardson and Co. employed Newell. His experience included commercial and governmental auditing and commercial income tax preparation. He began as a staff accountant with the firm and in 1988 became an audit manager. Newell also worked for eight years for various small businesses in the wholesale and vending machine trade as a service technician and office administrator (1974-1982).
- Graduated 1975, Ketchikan High School
- Graduated 1982, University of Washington, Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting
- Licensed CPA since 1986
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Government Finance Officer's Association
- Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants
Traveling, camping, investing, chess, gardening, working around the house, volunteer work and spending time with his family.