Electric Division - Power Outages
Customers who experience power outages are encouraged to call Bailey Powerhouse at 225-4011 to report the problem to the System Operator. If the System Operator is on another line or is busy dispatching crews, you will automatically be transferred to a voicemail, where you can leave a detailed message including the nature of the problem, your name, address, and contact phone number. During severe weather it becomes increasingly important for customers to call since there may be mulitple causes of an outage at several points throughout the system affecting an individual customer.
If wires are down, do not touch or go near them ! Keep ALL people and pets clear.
What to do during an outage:
- Verify that the breakers wthin your home's main panel are on (you may still need to be reset).
- Contact Bailey Powerhouse at 225-4011.
- Keep refrigerator/freezer doors closed.
- Close doors and windows to conserve heat
- Follow all precautions for safe home generator use.
- Use flashlights for emergency lighting.